Jointless Curtain – Facade Panels for the VITRA VSL FACTORY
Firma Vitra in Weil on the Rhein – world market leader for design furniture
Architecture Office SANAA (Tokio) – Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa
Construction supervision / site supervision: Architecture office Mayer Bährle – free architects bda
GU: Strabag AG, Manufacture of substructure and assembly
Ready-to-install facade panels by k-tec GmbH.
- facade with 5,500 m² „seamless curtain“
- A milestone in architecture and the implementation of engineering
- The largest vacuum moulded parts ever made using thermoforming technology (synthetic plates approx. 25 m² of mould surface per component).
- Full-surface adhered facade without mechanical fastening elements such as screws or rivets.
- Material: PLEXIGLAS® Hi-Gloss
This innovative new solution was only possible thanks to our unique network of outstanding partners